Rotary encoder module rotates all the way round continuously clockwise and anticlockwise. Each movement clockwise or anticlockwise causes the two switches to open and close. There is no way to know what the current position is - instead you would use a microcontroller to count how many clicks left or right it has been turned. During rotation, the output is a pulse frequency. It can be used to measure rotational speed, angle and acceleration of an object.
Note: AB 2-phase output must not be directly connected with VCC otherwise it will burn the output triode.
- Input Voltage: 5 - 24V
- Shaft: 6mm
- Performance: 100/200/300/360/400/600 pulses per turn can be selected
- Output: AB 2-phase output rectangular orthogonal pulse circuit, the output for the NPN open collector output type
- Maximum Mechanical Speed: 6000 R/min
- Response Frequency: 0-20KHz
- Mounting Hole: 3x 3mm screw holes are distributed in 120° or 6x 3mm screw holes are distributed in 60°. The distance from the center is 14mm.
- Cable Length: 1.5 meter
- Connection: White--A Phase, Green--B Phase, Red--VCC, Black--GND
- Dimensions: 38 x 38 x 56mm
- Weight: 152g