micro:bit is a pocket-sized microcontroller designed for kids and beginners to learn coding and electronics, letting them easily bring ideas into DIY digital games, interactive projects and robotics. Boson Kit has been awarded Five Stars in the 2018 Teach Primary Resource Awards.
To explore even more possibilities with micro:bit, we have now combined it with DFRobot’s Boson modules, a set of modularized electronic blocks, suitable for every kids to start their hands-on journeys of creation.
Click the link to learn more about DFRobot’s Boson module
The micro:bit expansion board for Boson is used to hoop up Boson modules to micro:bit. The expansion board comes with an edge connector, 6 fool-proof 3-Pin sockets, a 3.5MM headphone jack and a volume knob. Moreover, to ensure a steady current supply for motor and servo, the expansion board can be powered externally through the USB power port.
** NOTE: USB power port CANNOT be used to upload program.
To help you easily understand the usage of each module, the boson kit for microbit is provided with a quick start guide, including 4 basic projects with wiring and sample codes. Walk through the guide and create your own invention!
** NOTE: micro:bit is NOT included in the kit. You will need to purchase separately.
- Cultivates kid's programming ability
- Suitable for age 10+
- Supports sound, light and motion interaction
- Comes with 8 modules, 4 quick start project cards
- 12-project tutorial from beginning to advance
- Module Input/output Voltage: 3.3V
- Maximum Current: 500mA
- MicroUSB Power Port Voltage: 5V
- Working temperature: 0-60 °C
- Package Size: 250*190*57 mm/ 9.84 * 7.5 *2.24 inches
- Weight: 492g
- micro:bit Tutorial: Click here
- micro:bit Online Block Editor: Click here
- micro:bit Educational Foundation: Click here